Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 430

Thread: MoN Discussion

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, we all should have about equal in power chars. and we should start making a story once we have everyone signed up, I'd say 7 or 8 peeps would be good max?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 07, 2002 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wtf did u just say? O_O

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok that would be fine with me.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i still donno wha he sed O_O

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Cause your an IDIOT

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OH! u edited it! XD

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, if we're goingta do this, we should at least set up the leveling system and such and our hcaracters, then we can see if anyone wants ta be the GM


    I'd not be Xellos, I'd be my PSO character...

    I think a good leveling system would be ta use the G1 levelings ystem for weapons (IE: you use a sword in battle, you get exp for it, but not for axe or mace or such) and G2 for Magic and skills

  8. #18
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey! When did i say i wanted to be in this new RPG?

    Well i do.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol (at cav's stupidity), I don't know if I'll play, but I have a few ideas for yall anyways, I dont think these are always the best suggestions, so I dont care if any are used or not. (sorry this post is long, but I hope its useful).


    ABOUT WEAPONS:

    Maybe you could have "Weapon Specializations" where you could get extra damage/exp when using a weapon that you specialize in.


    ABOUT MAGICS:
    I think G2 has the best setup for this. Simple, yet complicated. :-)


    ABOUT SKILLS/FEATS/MOVES:
    I don't think G2 has the best system for this. It's too complicated for what its worth, and works great in a game, but would be a burden in a text-related this kind of thing. Anyways, I think it'd just be easier to "take" a move/skill every "level" (if the system is going to use level ups).


    ON COMBAT:

    Standard LFB was fun, but a bit too disorganized (at least I think). However it would suck to have to wait for the GM for every battle (like in D&D you would roll a die and then multiply some stuff to get your dealt damage). So I'm not sure what yall want here... so I'm not going to talk further on this.


    ON LEVELLING UP:

    Whether you "officially" level up or not, in RPG's its quite normal that you get stronger, whether you "level up" or not. I think levelling up may not be as realistic, but it makes things A HELL OF A LOT easier to work with, so I suggest it.


    ON DEATH:

    This a lot depends on the setting of your level. In G2 for example (since most people can relate to this), you dont "die" you "feint". Then you can be revived. (Because if you die really you wouldnt come back IN THAT WORLD). Now somewhere else you may "die" but then be able to "respawn" (maybe with certain penalties?). This however is most useful when you combine them both. You "feint" at a certain HP, and then are immobile and on the ground (can be healed though) and then if some more damage is dealt to you you "die". either that or maybe after feinting you go "unconcious", so it doesnt sound so much like death which people usually dont come back from.


    I know theres other stuff, but my favorite breakfast is ready, and I think this is some of the most important stuff anyways :-).

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh and I forgot to mention, if I DID play, I'd play maybe as GM, I've been finally given a lot more time (which probably will not go away until the end of the year), except of course I'm gone from all technology all of Christmas, but besides that, I've been checking the board 3+ times a day, since I'm a mod now and stuff :-D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •